by Caitlin Saniga
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 24-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound kale, ribs removed and cut into tiny pieces
- 16 ounces ditalini pasta, prepared according to package directions
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- feta cheese, for garnish
Drizzle the olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. When it’s warm, add the garlic and a few grinds of coarse salt. Saute the garlic about 15 seconds, or until fragrant. Remove from heat.
Place the peppers in the bowl of a food processor. Cover, and puree. Add the garlic and olive oil through the processor’s intake while it’s running. Add the lemon juice the same way. Puree until smooth.
In the pan used for the garlic, add the kale, and saute over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the leaves are tender and vibrant green. Add the pasta and chickpeas to the pan. Stir in the red pepper sauce, and cook until warm, about 3 minutes.
Divide the pasta between four bowls, and top with feta cheese. Serve warm
Makes 4 servings.