by Caitlin Saniga
It’s the first Meatless Monday of 2014!
Going meatless one day a week is a great resolution to make, and it can lead to many other great changes such as losing weight, helping the environment and reducing your risk for diseases. But change can be tough, so we wanted to help by offering some of our favorite meatless winter meals — each of which we tied to a resolution.
1. Resolve to start off on the right foot: Pumpkin spice oatmeal
2. Resolve to live brightly: Curried sweet potato soup with cilantro, lime and peanuts
3. Resolve to reuse and recycle: Homemade vegetable stock
4. Resolve to respect the classics: Red beans and walnut-herb sauce over black rice
5. Resolve to let go of perfection: Kale, sweet potato, farro and pomegranate salad
6. Resolve to allow positive transformations: Wilted spinach salad with sun-dried tomatoes and baby bella mushrooms
7. Resolve to appreciate the little things: Mini quinoa and black bean patties
8. Resolve to try the unusual: Warm broccoli, orange and olive salad
9. Resolve to add a little spice to your life: Spicy black bean soup
10. Resolve not to feel guilty: Garlicky roasted chickpeas with feta and mint
Good luck on all your resolutions!
—Sarah & Caitlin
*For more Meatless Monday recipes for any time of year, click here.
It should be fairly obvious by now that we’re pretty in to Meatless Monday around here. [Ahem.]
For the past three years’ worth of Mondays, we’ve taken turns posting a menu item that’s meat-free, and this week Meatless Monday recognized our efforts, adding So Hungry I Could Blog to its list of Bloggers on Board. We couldn’t be more thrilled!
Some facts about MM:
What it means to be a MM blog:
So! On this eve of Thanksgiving, we’re thankful to be MM official. Going forward, we’ll keep sharing our favorite meatless recipes on Mondays, and we hope you’ll keep trying them.
Thanks for sharing in our excitement, and Happy Thanksgiving!
— Caitlin and Sarah
Let this be a preview of sorts for next month’s guide. We want to know which nuts you love the most. Take our quick poll, and don’t be shy about adding your favorites to the list if you don’t see them there. Also, you can vote more than once.