by Caitlin Saniga
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peel scrubbed, and chopped into 1/4-inch half-moons
- 1 medium butternut squash, seeded, peeled, and chopped into 2-inch planks
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed, peeled, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 large lemon
Heat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, toss the vegetables in just enough oil to coat. Arrange in a single layer on 2 baking sheets. Grind fresh salt and pepper over top to taste. Roast for 20 minutes, then flip the vegetables. Cook an additional 10 minutes, or until everything’s golden brown and tender.
Meanwhile, prepare the chermoula by placing all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.
Pulse until smooth, take a taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
Serve the vegetables hot with fresh chermoula drizzle over top.
Makes 4-6 side dish servings.
Recipe adapted from: Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone