by Caitlin Saniga
Posts Tagged ‘cream’
Posted in Main dishes, Recipes, tagged alfredo, avocado, Caitlin Saniga, cheese, cream, dkscooks, food, James Beard, meatless, Meatless Monday, Parmesan, pasta, recipe, SoHungryBlog on October 21, 2013| 1 Comment »
by Sarah Steimer
- 3 leeks, white and yellow only parts only, cleaned and sliced
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds celery root, peeled cubed
- 1 3/4 cups chicken OR vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (I used 2 percent to healthy it up)
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 tart apple, cut into thin matchsticks
Using a Dutch oven or a medium-sized pot, sauté the leeks in the olive oil until softened.
Add the celery root, broth and 3 cups of water. Bring the liquids to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the celery is soft.
Puree the mixture with an immersion blender or regular blender (a little at a time). In the pot – but off the heat – add the cream or milk, along with the salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with the bacon and apples.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe adapted from: Picture and Pancakes