by Caitlin Saniga
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- fresh grinds of salt, to taste
- 4 medium white turnips, greens removed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 stems bok choy, greens removed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 dozen small golden oyster mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Whisk together the vinegar and oil in a small bowl. Add a few grinds of salt, to taste. Set aside.
Use a mandoline to thinly slice the turnips and bok choy. Divide the turnips, bok choy and torn greens between 4 plates. Top with mushrooms and sesame seeds. Drizzle with sesame vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
*Time for a good old fashioned shaving… of vegetables. We love spring produce, and it can stand easily on its own. So why not highlight it with some simple styling? Check out all our May shaved salads — or Crisp Wisps — right here.