by Sarah Steimer
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- pinch ground ginger
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 6 cups popped popcorn
Combine all ingredients except for the popcorn in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Melt everything together and whisk frequently until combined. Drizzle the mixture over the popcorn in a large bowl. Toss to coat the popcorn. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
Makes 6 cups popcorn.
Recipe adapted from: Kitchen Treaty
* As the autumn days grow cooler and the nights stretch longer, there are plenty of reasons to gather ’round a bowl of popcorn and experiment with seasonings. See all of our Pop to It! recipes here. Learn how to make a fresh batch of popcorn with a pan on the stove here.