by Sarah Steimer
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, halved and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (plus more for topping later if you just can’t get enough)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and cut into matchsticks
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Drizzle a little oil in a baking dish and place the squash, cut side facing down, into the dish. Roast for about 1 hour, or until the squash can be easily pierced with a knife.
Let the squash cool slightly before using a fork to scrape the flesh into long strands. Spread the “spaghetti” out on paper towels to drain before transferring to a bowl; chill until cold.
Just before serving, whisk together the lime juice, oil, fish sauce, Sriracha, sugar and salt to taste. In a large bowl, toss the dressing with the chilled squash, avocado, cucumber and chicken. Season with salt and serve topped with mint leaves.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe from: Bon Appetit