by Sarah Steimer
- olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- three handfuls spinach, rinsed and stems discarded
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, shredded
- 1 heaping tablespoon plain yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices bread
Heat a couple of teaspoons of olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add the spinach and let wilt. Remove from the pan and place in a medium bowl.
Add the artichoke hearts, cheddar, Parmesan and yogurt to the bowl. Combine and season with salt and pepper.
Lightly drizzle olive oil on the pieces of bread. Add the spinach-artichoke mixture to two of the pieces of bread. Add the lids and drizzle oil on the outsides of the bread before cooking in a pan or a panini maker.
Serve immediately. Makes two sandwiches.
Recipe adapted from: Joy the Baker